8.11.11

HUMAN CANVAS

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


I thought I'd share with you guys what has to be my favourite runway moment...it was the finale of Alexander McQueen's Spring Summer collection in 1999, and cemented his place as the most coveted new talent at that time. I love the genuine fear in Shalom Harlow's face, as the industrial robots continue to taunt her. The dancing machines are actually quite beautiful. And Shalom's performance is so so powerful - she's like something out of a dream. Iconic & emotional. R.I.P x

4 comments:

Rackk and Ruin said...

This was one of my favorite parts of his show at the Met. . . amazing. and totally sexy

essentially aimee said...

Wow, I can't believe I've never come across this before. I absolutely love it! Genius idea on his part. Thanks for sharing!

Down This Road said...

so, SO fucking amazing!! i've never seen this! how she did not fall flat on her face after spinning for that long beats me! beyond genius McQueen is! X

WOLFCUB said...

haha I'd hate to think how many times they practiced it, and all those dressed they trialled. How ever many it was, it was worth it. xx