29.6.11

SHIT HAPPENS

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


well I think it's fair to say that today was a shit day. So three weeks ago, after saving up for months, I bought my dream lens on eBay. It arrived a week later....with a wobbly butt and a cracked lens. So I sent a firey email to 'JerryN99' and after 3 days of heated argument emails, he finally agreed to refund me. I was sent the return address by PayPal, and posted the lens the next day....however, at the Post Office I didn't want to break my $50 so i didn't register it...idiot. So two weeks later and Jerry still hadn't received the lens. After another few days of vicious scwobbling, it came to light that 'JerryN99' is an idiot, also. He gave me the wrong address - he hadn't lived at that address for over 2 years and somehow 'forgot' to update his PayPal info. Seriously Jerry? So today I spent 2 hours driving around the not-so-posh areas of Adelaide, stopping in at 6 separate Post Offices hunting for the lost lens. No luck. Then I visited the address I'd sent it to, and was greeted with an apartment block crawling with cats. No answer at the door. And I was too scared to ask the neighbours for help, incase I got stabbed. So, I've come to the conclusion that I am now $500 poorer, and I dont like people named Jerry. Moral of the story is: I wont be doing outfit posts for a while, until I save my butt off for another lens. Thank you for listening to me rant, I hope your day was better than mine 

xxx

5 comments:

Kerrie said...

that is so shit! what an asshole.
I hope you are alright sunshine, If not now give it a moment or two!
xx

AC said...

now that's utterly crap alright.

my day mostly involved cleaning vomit off white carpet. also joyful.

Kristen Leo said...

nooooo! Fuck you Jerry! oh man... hope jerry swallows a hairball and chokes on it....
feel better love! <3

WOLFCUB said...

you guys are amazing - you've each done a pretty good job of cheering me up, thanks so much lovers! Your the best xxx

Anonymous said...

check out a nice nifty fifty lens, under $200 and awesome for portaits - not sure of a nikon specfc one but google 50mm nikon lens and you're sure to find something.
serisoult they're amazing - you don't need to spend that much on lenses